By Louise Mullany,Peter Stockwell
Routledge English Language Introductions conceal center components of language learn and are one-stop assets for students.
Assuming no past wisdom, books within the sequence provide an obtainable review of the topic, with actions, research questions, pattern analyses, commentaries and key readings – all within the similar quantity. The leading edge and versatile ‘two-dimensional’ constitution is outfitted round 4 sections – creation, improvement, exploration and extension – which provide self-contained phases for learn. each one subject is also learn throughout those sections, allowing the reader to construct progressively at the wisdom gained.
Introducing English Language:
- is the foundational ebook within the Routledge English Language Introductions sequence, offering an available creation to the English language
- contains newly improved insurance of morphology, up to date and revised routines, and a longer additional examining section
- comprehensively covers key disciplines of linguistics similar to historic linguistics, sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics, in addition to middle components in language research together with acquisition, standardisation and the globalisation of English
- uses a wide selection of genuine texts and pictures from around the globe, together with a Monty Python cartoon, excerpts from novels equivalent to Virginia Woolf’s To the Lighthouse, and information goods from Metro and the BBC
- provides up-to-date vintage readings via the foremost names within the self-discipline, together with man prepare dinner, Andy Kirkpatrick and Zoltán Dörnyei
- is observed through an internet site with additional actions, undertaking principles for every unit, feedback for extra analyzing, hyperlinks to crucial English language assets, and direction templates for lecturers.
Written through skilled lecturers and authors, this available textbook is a vital source for all scholars of the English language and linguistics.
Read or Download Introducing English Language: A Resource Book for Students (Routledge English Language Introductions) PDF
Best linguistics books
During this pathbreaking research, Patricia Bonomi argues that faith used to be as instrumental as both politics or the economic system in shaping early American lifestyles and values. the center and southern colonies in addition to at Puritan New England, Bonomi unearths an abundance of spiritual energy throughout the colonial years between clergy and churchgoers of numerous spiritual history.
The power to speak via language is this sort of primary a part of human life that we frequently take it without any consideration, infrequently contemplating how subtle the method is through which we comprehend and make ourselves understood. within the prolonged brain, acclaimed writer Robert okay. Logan examines the starting place, emergence, and co-evolution of language, the human brain, and tradition.
This white paper is a part of a sequence that promotes wisdom approximately language know-how and its power. It addresses educators, newshounds, politicians, language groups and others. the supply and use of language expertise in Europe varies among languages. for that reason, the activities which are required to additional help study and improvement of language applied sciences additionally fluctuate for every language.
Dieses in zweiter Auflage überarbeitete und aktualisierte Arbeitsheft stellt ein einführendes landscape der italienischen Sprachwissenschaft dar. Dabei richtet es sich nicht nur an Studierende der Italianistik, sondern auch an Studierende anderer Disziplinen. Neben den Methoden der modernen Linguistik und ihrer Darstellung anhand italienischer Beispiele werden auch Aspekte der Wissenschaftsgeschichte behandelt.
- Word-Formation: An International Handbook of the Languages of Europe: Volume 5 (Handbücher zur Sprach- und Kommunikationswissenschaft / Handbooks of Linguistics and Communication Science (HSK))
- Language Learning and Use in English-Medium Higher Education
- Cognitive and Linguistic Aspects of Geographic Space: New Perspectives on Geographic Information Research (Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography)
- The Phonetics and Phonology of Gutturals: A Case Study from Ju|'hoansi (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
- Language, Space and Mind: The Conceptual Geometry of Linguistic Meaning
Extra resources for Introducing English Language: A Resource Book for Students (Routledge English Language Introductions)
Introducing English Language: A Resource Book for Students (Routledge English Language Introductions) by Louise Mullany,Peter Stockwell