By Anthony J. Liddicoat,Angela Scarino
This wide-ranging survey of matters in intercultural language educating and studying covers every little thing from middle strategies to application overview, and advocates a fluid, responsive method of instructing language that displays its significant function in fostering intercultural understanding.
- Includes insurance of theoretical matters defining language, tradition, and verbal exchange, in addition to practice-driven concerns similar to lecture room interactions, applied sciences, courses, and language assessment
- Examines systematically the parts of language instructing: language itself, that means, tradition, studying, speaking, and exams, and places them in social and cultural context
- Features quite a few examples all through, drawn from numerous languages, international contexts, and frameworks
- Incorporates a decade of in-depth learn and precise documentation from the authors’ collaborative paintings with training teachers
- Provides a much-needed addition to the sparse literature on intercultural points of language education
Read or Download Intercultural Language Teaching and Learning PDF
Similar linguistics books
During this pathbreaking examine, Patricia Bonomi argues that faith used to be as instrumental as both politics or the economic system in shaping early American existence and values. the center and southern colonies in addition to at Puritan New England, Bonomi unearths an abundance of non secular power in the course of the colonial years between clergy and churchgoers of numerous spiritual heritage.
The facility to speak via language is this kind of basic a part of human life that we regularly take it with no consideration, infrequently contemplating how subtle the method is through which we comprehend and make ourselves understood. within the prolonged brain, acclaimed writer Robert okay. Logan examines the starting place, emergence, and co-evolution of language, the human brain, and tradition.
This white paper is a part of a sequence that promotes wisdom approximately language know-how and its strength. It addresses educators, reporters, politicians, language groups and others. the supply and use of language know-how in Europe varies among languages. for that reason, the activities which are required to extra help learn and improvement of language applied sciences additionally range for every language.
Dieses in zweiter Auflage überarbeitete und aktualisierte Arbeitsheft stellt ein einführendes landscape der italienischen Sprachwissenschaft dar. Dabei richtet es sich nicht nur an Studierende der Italianistik, sondern auch an Studierende anderer Disziplinen. Neben den Methoden der modernen Linguistik und ihrer Darstellung anhand italienischer Beispiele werden auch Aspekte der Wissenschaftsgeschichte behandelt.
- Areal Diffusion and Genetic Inheritance: Problems in Comparative Linguistics (Explorations in Linguistic Typology)
- Chinese Lexicography: A History from 1046 BC to AD 1911
- English as a Lingua Franca in the International University: The Politics of Academic English Language Policy
- Narrative Mutations: Discourses of Heredity and Caribbean Literature (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
Additional info for Intercultural Language Teaching and Learning
Intercultural Language Teaching and Learning by Anthony J. Liddicoat,Angela Scarino