By D.T. Lee,S. P. Shieh,Doug Tygar,J. Doug Tygar
Download e-book for iPad: Information Systems Management in the Big Data Era (Advanced by Peter Lake,Robert Drake
By Peter Lake,Robert Drake
By Reinhold Stahl,Patricia Staab
Heutzutage wird der berufliche und deepest Alltag immer mehr durch explosiv wachsende Datenwelten bestimmt. Das Datenwachstum wird durch Suchmaschinen und soziale Netzwerke, aber auch neue technische Möglichkeiten wie immense facts befeuert. Es birgt eine große probability; aber ganz gleich, ob die Blockchain-Revolution vorangetrieben werden soll oder Smartphones noch smarter gemacht werden sollen, der Erfolg steht und fällt mit der Frage, wie intestine es gelingt, die benötigten Daten zu integrieren – sie zu sammeln, zu verknüpfen und auszuwerten. Grundlegend dabei ist die Einführung eines übergreifenden Ordnungssystems in Verbindung mit einer Standardisierung der Datenstruktur.
Die Autoren zeigen anhand von Beispielen aus dem Alltag, wie die Konzepte der Statistik die foundation für eine universelle und standardisierte Bereitstellung von beliebigen Informationen bieten. Sie stellen den internationalen Statistik-Standard SDMX (Statistical facts and Metadata alternate) vor und zeigen, welche tiefgreifenden Veränderungen durch die Einführung dieses criteria und des damit verbundenen Ordnungssystems für die internationale Statistik-Community möglich waren.
By Yo-Sub Han,Kai Salomaa
By J. A. Reggia,E. Ruppin,D. L. Glanzman
The remainder of the ebook is prepared alongside 4 major subject matters, related to reminiscence, neuropsychological, neurological and psychiatric problems. generally, the cognitive issues and those psychiatric ailments often considered as "functional" have been modeled alongside sensible traces, whereas these problems usually considered as "organic" neurological illnesses as a rule drew extra from wisdom of the underlying neurobiology and pathophysiology.
By Debra Cook,Angelos D. Keromytis
Software that covertly displays person activities, often referred to as spy ware, has turn into a first-level protection possibility because of its ubiquity and the trouble of detecting and removal it. this can be particularly so for video conferencing, thin-client computing and net cafes.
CryptoGraphics: Exploiting snap shots playing cards for Security explores the potential of enforcing ciphers inside of GPUs, and describes the relevance of GPU-based encryption to the safety of functions related to distant monitors. because the processing strength of GPUs raises, study concerning using GPUs for normal objective computing has arisen. This paintings extends such examine by way of contemplating using a GPU as a parallel processor for encrypting facts. The authors overview the operations present in symmetric and uneven key ciphers to figure out if encryption should be programmed in present GPUs. an in depth description for a GPU dependent implementation of AES is supplied. The feasibility of GPU-based encryption permits the authors to discover using a GPU as a relied on process part. Unencrypted demonstrate facts might be restricted to the GPU to prevent exposing it to any malware operating at the working system.
By Shweta Sankhe-Savale
Create appealing info visualizations and interactive dashboards with Tableau
About This Book
- Delve into the good points and functionalities of Tableau from the floor up with this step by step advisor that has over 50 "follow-me" recipes
- Build wealthy visualizations to successfully spotlight the underlying traits and styles on your data
- Build attractive interactive dashboards and storyboards to sew your visualizations jointly and inform a story
Who This booklet Is For
This booklet is for an individual who needs to exploit Tableau. will probably be of use to either rookies who are looking to examine Tableau from scratch and to extra pro clients who easily need a speedy reference advisor. This ebook is a prepared reckoner consultant for you. The e-book may be such that either new & latest Tableau clients who have no idea, or cannot keep in mind the way to practice varied Tableau initiatives can use the ebook and be benefited from it.
What you'll Learn
- Get to grips with the Tableau workspace and terminologies and comprehend what information resources you could connect
- Learn to create uncomplicated charts like bar chart, stacked bar, pie chart, line chart, sector chart, tree map & notice cloud
- Go even extra with extra complicated visualizations reminiscent of scatter plot, field & whiskers plot, twin axis, bullet chart, Histograms, Maps, etc
- Use pre-defined calculation and alter its scope and path to impact outcome
- Learn to outline Parameters and speak to them into parametric calculations that offer results in response to consumer inputs
- Build Dashboards and use activities to hyperlink a number of sheets at the dashboard
- Connect to a number of information assets utilizing info mixing, a number of desk sign up for in the comparable facts resource in addition to throughout info resources, customized SQL and discover ways to paintings with information Extracts
- Compute statistical traits, construct forecasting types and use Reference traces for benchmarking
Data is all over and every thing is data!
Visualization of information permits us to convey out the underlying traits and styles inherent within the information and achieve insights that let quicker and smarter selection making.
Tableau is likely one of the quickest turning out to be and top enterprise Intelligence structures that empowers enterprise clients to simply visualize their information and observe insights on the pace of idea. Tableau is a self-service BI platform designed to make information visualization and research as intuitive as possible.
Creating visualizations with easy drag-and-drop, you will be up and working on Tableau in no time.
Starting from the basics similar to getting familiarized with Tableau computer, connecting to universal facts assets and construction typical charts; you'll stroll throughout the nitty gritty of Tableau comparable to growing dynamic analytics with parameters, combined info resources, and complicated calculations. additionally, you will discover ways to staff contributors into larger degrees, kind the information in a selected order & filter the pointless details. you are going to then create calculations in Tableau & comprehend the flexibleness & strength they've got and pass directly to construction story-boards and proportion your insights with others.
Whether you're simply getting begun or no matter if you wish a brief reference on a "how-to" query, This publication is the appropriate better half for you
Style and approach
This cookbook takes a step by step method and the textual content systematically evolves to hide extra concerned functionalities. each recipe contains illustrative screenshots which offer a close visible source for every step.
By Gunnar Nützmann,Paolo Viotti,Per Aagaard,Gunnar NÃ¼tzmann
By Ali Erdemir,Jean-Michel Martin
* studies the most recent basic learn in superlubricity today
* offers 'state-of-the-art' tools, fabrics, and experimental techniques
* most up-to-date advancements in tribomaterials, coatings, and lubricants delivering superlubricity
By Khalid Sayood
Introduction to information Compression, Fourth Edition, is a concise and complete consultant to the paintings and technological know-how of information compression. This new version comprises all of the leading edge updates the reader will want throughout the paintings day and at school. It offers an in depth advent to the idea underlying today’s compression thoughts with specific guideline for his or her functions utilizing numerous examples to give an explanation for the concepts.
Encompassing the complete box of information compression, this publication covers lossless and lossy compression, Huffman coding, mathematics coding, dictionary thoughts, context dependent compression, scalar and vector quantization. New to this fourth version is a extra certain description of the JPEG 2000 ordinary in addition to speech coding for web functions. A resource code is additionally supplied through a significant other website that offers readers the chance to construct their very own algorithms, decide upon and enforce concepts of their personal applications.
This textual content will attract execs, software program and engineers, scholars, and an individual drawn to electronic libraries and multimedia.
- New content material extra to incorporate a extra exact description of the JPEG 2000 standard
- New content material comprises speech coding for web applications
- Explains verified and rising criteria intensive together with JPEG 2000, JPEG-LS, MPEG-2, H.264, JBIG 2, ADPCM, LPC, CELP, MELP, and iLBC
- Source code supplied through spouse site that provides readers the chance to construct their very own algorithms, decide upon and enforce options of their personal applications