By Göran Therborn
This e-book could be crucial interpreting for anyone with an curiosity in both the sociology or the historical past of the family.
Read or Download Between Sex and Power: Family in the World 1900-2000 (International Library of Sociology) PDF
Similar gender studies books
Wissenschaftlicher Aufsatz aus dem Jahr 2010 im Fachbereich Frauenstudien / Gender-Forschung, observe: 1,7, Fachhochschule Kiel, Veranstaltung: Gender, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: In den verschiedensten Kulturen und über die Jahrhunderte hinweg gab es immer eine Vorstellung von gesunden Körpern und idealen Proportionen.
Whilst did patriarchy commence and why? What clarification did the main international religions supply for women's inferiority? How have their ideals and scriptures prompted women's lives in several elements of the realm the place they're the dominant religion? Gender and faith 2d variation investigates the assertion that the key global religions give some thought to girls to be not so good as males by means of reviewing the spiritual tracts and legislation on the subject of girls.
This publication examines feminist paintings of the Nineteen Seventies via modern artwork made by means of girls. In a sequence of readings of works of art by way of, among others, Tracey Emin, Vanessa Beecroft, Hannah Wilke and Carolee Schneemann the reader is taken on a trip via maternal wish, fantasies of break out and failed femininity.
Feminist anthropology emerged within the Nineteen Seventies as a much-needed corrective to the discipline’s androcentric biases. faraway from being a marginalized subfield, it's been on the leading edge of advancements that experience revolutionized not just anthropology, but additionally a bunch of alternative disciplines. This landmark number of essays offers a latest evaluation of feminist anthropology’s old and theoretical origins, the modifications it has passed through, and the very important contributions it maintains to make to state of the art scholarship.
- Sexualität als Diskursobjekt: Positionierung am Schnittpunkt der Grenzmengen (German Edition)
- Notions of Family: Intersectional Perspectives: 17 (Advances in Gender Research)
- Women Workers in Seven Professions: A Survey of their Economic Conditions and Prospects: Volume 10 (Routledge Library Editions: Women and Business)
- Media and the Rhetoric of Body Perfection: Cosmetic Surgery, Weight Loss and Beauty in Popular Culture (Cultural Politics of Media and Popular Culture)
- Activism and LGBT Psychology (Journal of Gay & Lesbian Psychotherapy)
- Ruralité et soi féminin: Dialogues intimes au féminin (Histoire de vie et formation) (French Edition)
Additional resources for Between Sex and Power: Family in the World 1900-2000 (International Library of Sociology)
Between Sex and Power: Family in the World 1900-2000 (International Library of Sociology) by Göran Therborn