By Alex Liu
- Customize Apache Spark and R to suit your analytical wishes in client learn, fraud detection, hazard analytics, and suggestion engine development
- Develop a collection of useful laptop studying functions that may be carried out in real-life projects
- A complete, project-based consultant to enhance and refine your predictive versions for functional implementation
There's a this is why Apache Spark has turn into the most well known instruments in computer studying – its skill to deal with large datasets at a magnificent pace skill you will be even more attentive to the knowledge at your disposal. This publication exhibits you Spark at its absolute best, demonstrating the way to attach it with R and free up greatest price not just from the software but in addition out of your data.
Packed with a variety of venture "blueprints" that display the most fascinating demanding situations that Spark might be useful take on, you can find out how one can use Spark notebooks and entry, fresh, and sign up for diverse datasets earlier than placing your wisdom into perform with a few real-world tasks, within which one can find how Spark desktop studying may help with every little thing from fraud detection to examining client attrition. you are going to additionally the right way to construct a suggestion engine utilizing Spark's parallel computing powers.
What you'll learn
- Set up Apache Spark for laptop studying and notice its remarkable processing power
- Combine Spark and R to unencumber specified enterprise insights crucial for determination making
- Build computer studying platforms with Spark that could become aware of fraud and examine monetary risks
- Build predictive types targeting purchaser scoring and repair ranking
- Build a suggestion platforms utilizing SPSS on Apache Spark
- Tackle parallel computing and learn the way it might help your laptop studying projects
- Turn open information and communique info into actionable insights through using a variety of different types of computer learning
About the Author
Alex Liu is knowledgeable in study equipment and knowledge technological know-how. he's at the moment one among IBM's best specialists in gigantic facts analytics and in addition a lead info scientist, the place he serves colossal companies, develops large info analytics IPs, and speaks at commercial meetings corresponding to STRATA, Insights, SMAC, and BigDataCamp. long ago, Alex served as leader or lead info scientist for a number of businesses, together with Yapstone, RS, and TRG. earlier than this, he used to be a lead advisor and director at RMA, the place he supplied info analytics session and coaching to many famous corporations, together with the United international locations, Indymac, AOL, Ingram Micro, GEM, Farmers coverage, Scripps Networks, Sears, and USAID. even as, he taught complicated examine the way to PhD applicants at college of Southern California and collage of California at Irvine. ahead of this, he labored as a dealing with director for CATE/GEC and as a learn fellow for the Asia/Pacific learn heart at Stanford collage. Alex has a Ph.D. in quantitative sociology and a master's measure of technological know-how in statistical computing from Stanford University.
Table of Contents
- Spark for computing device Learning
- Data instruction for Spark ML
- A Holistic View on Spark
- Fraud Detection on Spark
- Risk Scoring on Spark
- Churn Prediction on Spark
- Recommendations on Spark
- Learning Analytics on Spark
- City Analytics on Spark
- Learning Telco facts on Spark
- Modeling Open information on Spark
Read Online or Download Apache Spark Machine Learning Blueprints PDF
Best data modeling & design books
Information caliber: The Accuracy measurement is ready assessing the standard of company information and enhancing its accuracy utilizing the information profiling technique. company facts is more and more very important as businesses proceed to discover new how one can use it. Likewise, enhancing the accuracy of information in details structures is speedy changing into an incredible target as businesses detect how a lot it impacts their final analysis.
David Gould's acclaimed first ebook, whole Maya Programming: an intensive advisor to MEL and the C++ API, offers artists and programmers with a deep figuring out of ways Maya works and the way it may be greater and customised via programming. In his new publication David bargains a steady, intuitive creation to the center rules of special effects.
Designing Sorting Networks: a brand new Paradigm offers an in-depth consultant to maximizing the potency of sorting networks, and makes use of 0/1 situations, in part ordered units and Haase diagrams to heavily research their habit in a simple, intuitive demeanour. This e-book additionally outlines new principles and strategies for designing swifter sorting networks utilizing Sortnet, and illustrates how those ideas have been used to layout quicker 12-key and 18-key sorting networks via a chain of case reviews.
This Festschrift quantity is released in honor of Professor Paul G. Spirakis at the social gathering of his sixtieth birthday. It celebrates his major contributions to machine technological know-how as an eminent, gifted, and influential researcher and such a lot visionary idea chief, with an exceptional expertise in inspiring and guiding younger researchers.
- Agent-Based Spatial Simulation with NetLogo Volume 1
- Access Data Analysis Cookbook: Slicing and Dicing to Find the Results You Need
- Towards Next Generation Grids: Proceedings of the CoreGRID Symposium 2007
- Knowledge-Based Configuration: From Research to Business Cases
- Advanced Analytics with Spark: Patterns for Learning from Data at Scale
- Dynamic Models in Biology
Additional resources for Apache Spark Machine Learning Blueprints
Apache Spark Machine Learning Blueprints by Alex Liu